Sunday, April 22, 2012

Creative Commons Blog





Personal Image with the creative commons license 


Original Image: Hiroshima
By: Alex

I am always using images in my classroom.  I teach a lot of world literature and there is a lot of imagery that my students do not have when dealing with other countries.  For example, I teach A Fine Balance, the images in that book about India are not realistic until students actually "see" what India is really about.  I have been to India so I have a lot of pictures from there and have put together a powerpoint to show students.  They love to see what that country looks like.  For the above image I am starting Hiroshima and to show them some before and after pictures would be a powerful lesson about what an Atomic bomb can  do.  They really have no idea and to "see" these images will make that book more powerful.


License URL

No comments:

Post a Comment