Monday, March 26, 2012

  • Describes at least one comment you have added to a blog.
    • The one post I made to a blog was at the English Companion blog.  It was about new ideas for teaching Catcher in the Rye.  Last year I did a great paper about Catcher in the Rye and a non-fiction book called Generation Me.  I posted to this teacher my idea and he was really excited about the assignment I suggested to him.  I like this blog as it is teachers helping teachers.  I have found some great suggestions to different questions and ideas.  This is also a great place to find tech advice and suggestions.
  • Describes your experience of tracking changes to these pages routinely (for example, check your RSS Reader page on at least 3 different days and describe the differences in postings across those days).
    •  I think I could spend hours and hours a day tracking all the different RSS feeds.  You really do have to limit yourself and do a lot of skimming.  I like some of the "clip" features that I can get on my iPad so if I really am interested then I can go back and read the articles in the summer when I have a few minutes!!! It is interested to follow the different blogs and read everyone's opinions and how people react.  Most people have solid information, but others just drone on and on. Like I have stated before you really just need to skim or "clip" some of the articles to read later.  The best part about all of this is that it can be archived or just saved for later.
  • Describes what you have learned from the contents of the news feeds you have been tracking.
    •  One of the RSS' I follow is called iPad Insight.  This is a new site and it started after the iPad 3 was introduced.  I have learned about the new features of the iPad 3 and some of the downfalls as well (like how hot the machine can get).  I have also learned about some of the new Apps that have come out since the new iPad 3.  There is a very cool photo App called Photo Toaster and just today Madonna just released her own App...but I don't think I'll get that one.
  • Describes how you might apply either the content of your RSS Reader page, or the capabilities of RSS Reader pages, in your own setting.
    • I think RSS feed would be great in an education setting.  I could post different articles on my webpage and this could benefit both parents and children.  This is a great way to keep up with the latest educational and technology trends.  I like to keep up with the latest iPad Apps and tricks and this is a great way to do that.  I have a lot of students who use iPhones and iPads and I like to show students and parents what is out there to use at school and at home.   

No comments:

Post a Comment